Editorial Complaints Policy for Unearth-Ed Magazine and Online Publishing
This policy only applies to complaints about editorial content in our publications and any digital services that we control. It does not generally cover:
- complaints about advertising
- complaints about ‘user generated content’ (i.e. material on our digital services that was not posted by us or on our behalf) which has not been reviewed or moderated in a timely nature;
We may consider complaints lightly:
- from any person who has not been personally and directly affected by the matter complained of;
- that are trivial, hypothetical or otherwise vexatious or insignificant;
- that are without justification (such as an attempt to argue a point of view or to lobby).
Complaints about any editorial issues should be sent to us via email or mail. Please include a phone contact in case the response justifies immediate action.
- To Lodge a Complaint
You should write to us or email us, with details of your complaint.
Complaints will be accepted up to 30 days from the date of the first publication of the item(s) that you are complaining about.
Complaints must include:
- If the item is in print, the publication title, date, page and headline;
- If the complaint is about online material the link to the relevant webpage;
- reference must be made as to the nature of your complaint;
- any other documents that will help us assess your complaint;
- a means of contact for our response.
We may seek further details after your initial contact.
- Complaint Handling
We aim to acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of receipt.
In making a complaint, you agree to respond promptly to any request for further information.
Our complaints process is free of charge, regardless of outcome. We make every effort to:
- first listen/digest and understand;
- then empathise;
- offer a solution and
- most importantly execute the solution to the readers satisfaction.
If we receive multiple complaints about the same issue, we may make one response to all.
We will respond to all complaints within 10 days of receiving all the necessary information to allow us to investigate.
- When handling your complaint, we will treat you fairly, courteously and with respect. We may issue a notice of our intent to decline pursuit of any complaint that is abusive or gratuitously offensive whilst not referring to any breach of code.
- If at any stage of your complaint we do not hear back from you within 14 days, we will consider your complaint satisfied and closed.
- Policy Amendments
We reserve the right to amend this policy as required. We will publish the current policy on our website at www.unearth-ed.com.au. Your complaint will be considered against the published policy on the date of receipt of your complaint.
- Appeal Process
If you are unhappy with our final response to your complaint you may complain to Australian Press Council at presscouncil.org.au. We will confirm in writing that you have exhausted our internal complaints procedure.
Postal address for complaints by mail: PO Box 511, Caringbah NSW 1495.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Unearth-ed Publication Classroom Canberra is bound by the Independent Media Council Code of Conduct (independentmediacouncil.com.au).
If you believe the code has been breached and wish to complain about an article in this newspaper on appearing online, contact the Publisher by email at email@example.com or in writing.
Publisher, GPO Box 511, Caringbah NSW 1495